Home & Garden
How Much Rock Do I Need? Formula, Charts and Examples
How much rock do I need? Square feet x inches / 324 gives cubic yards, then multiply by tons per yard. Charts, depths, coverage and worked examples.
Tool: Rock Calculator
Written explanations of the problems our tools solve — why a PDF pastes with a line break on every line, what a JWT actually contains, how sales tax works backwards. Every guide ends at the tool that does the job for you.
8 guides, linked to the 70 free tools that run in your browser.
Home & Garden
How much rock do I need? Square feet x inches / 324 gives cubic yards, then multiply by tons per yard. Charts, depths, coverage and worked examples.
Tool: Rock Calculator
Home & Garden
How much sand do I need? Get the formula, the weight of dry and wet sand, and worked examples for paver bases, sandboxes, pool bases and fish tanks.
Tool: Sand Calculator
Home & Garden
How much dirt do I need? Use square feet x inches / 324 for cubic yards, then add for settling. Charts, weights, bags and worked examples inside.
Tool: Dirt Calculator
Home & Garden
Work out how much salt to add to pool water with one formula. Charts by pool size, targets for Hayward, Jandy and Pentair, and how to fix too much.
Tool: Pool Salt Calculator
No guides match that. Try another word, or clear the filter.
Reasonable. The guides exist for when something is behaving strangely and you need to know why. When you just need it fixed, go straight to the tool.